Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Animation: My Early Years

I have always wanted to work on animated films. When I first went to NYU, with two years of 3D animation experience in Lightwave already under my belt, I was ready to make it a career. But juggling animation and film proved difficult, and I was forced to make a choice.

Perhaps if I had had time to refine my drawing skills, I could have been swayed. Anywho, here's a look at my works, dating all the way back to high school....

"SuperClip" 3D (Lightwave)
Went into my NYU admissions portfolio (I did the staple remover scenes; it would have taken three days to light the rest. Ahhhh, animation in the old days...)



"Legend of the Selke" 2D (Flash)
My first 2D animation in high school, also in my portfolio. Yeahhh, I sorta rushed it at the end.



"Zortian Tests" 2D (Handrawn)
And thus began my NYU: Ticsh education: My first hand drawn animations, using my favorite character, the zortian.









"Cut Out Animation" 2D (Stop Motion)
We had to make puppets from 2d elements and make a short stop motion. I decided to make it not-boring.



"Bugs Bunny" Behind the Pencil" 2D (After Effects)
My final animation thesis, based on a script I wrote with my friend Paul in H.S. Spanish class, which parodied VH1's "Behind the Music." It's a little too long, so bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin