Thursday, January 13, 2011

Short Talk

Two great short films were recently featured on Motionographer this week; a site I don't normally peruse, but should.

One, which feeds my inner child's love of all things oceanic, was done by stop-motion whiz PES. (How do I not know about this guy??)

Dare I say, this is whimsical? At least we can all agree that the concept is imagination to the Nth power.


(Check out the full article on Motionographer.)

On the same note, the post production facility, Charlex, which was responsible for starting the company I now work for, released their newest short, ShapeShifter. I am proud to say that I know some of the creative minds behind this impressive work. They definitely did not disappoint.


(Check out the full article on Motionographer.)

However, my favorite is still their first animated film, One Rat Short, which you can watch below or on Charlex's website (If you'd prefer better quality, I would suggest going there.)


This is storytelling at it's very best; so much so, that I had to keep myself from getting too emotional in the end. Pixar, eat your heart out. Never have rats been so......lovely.

A shout-out to creative director, Todd Winter, who I now have the pleasure of working with every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin