Friday, March 20, 2009

"Day of Embers" + Prospectus

The script for my NYU senior thesis, "Day of Embers" [Working Title] was something I had been working on for almost a year beforehand, inspired by true childhood events at the Stromberg household. Everything was shot in New Jersey in September of 2007 over a span of two weekends.

But it took a lot of pre-production to get this project off the ground. At the time, I was still in college and was also assistant producing the A&E Biography on Jennifer Lopez. I was aided by my producers James Morrison and Josh Goolsby, as well as Amos Poe (my thesis professor) and my dad, Jim Stromberg, who worked pretty much as field producer in NJ.

Below is the film prospectus that was sent out to potential investors the summer before the shoot. It was sent within a school folder, accompanied by a personal letter from me and a DVD of my works. As a result of our presentation, along with a stipend from Tisch School of the Arts, we raised $3,000.00 for the budget!

Thanks to everyone who supported us. More updates to come soon as we keep chuggin' along!













P.S. Anybody got any ideas for a new title? Something that really fits the story...I think "Day of Embers" is a little too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin